A couple of weeks ago, I was being a bit of a “Grumpy Goose” before my birthday. My boyfriend, in an effort to coax me out of my surly mood, had me create a list of 25 things I’m grateful for…one for every year I’ve been alive. In return, he promised me a surprise when he came to visit later that weekend. Below is my list. I hope that it will inspire you to take inventory of all the people and things you’re grateful for in your life. ‘Tis the season to be thankful!*
1. My family: My everything. I’d be nothing without them, especially my parents and my little sister. She’s my best friend, the “pig to my goat.” The best thing that’s ever happened to me.
2. My friends, especially the “Dream Team”: My sisters. I’d be lost without them. We’ve been through a lot and I know that I can always count on them to be there when I need them.
3. You!: I love you so much more than you’ll ever know. Thank you for being the logical one, the “yin to my yang.” You make me so happy!!
4. My grandparents: My guardian angels. Even though they aren’t physically with me anymore, they’ve had a significant impact on my life and they will always be with me in spirit. I’m grateful for the time I had with them and I know they’re watching over me now.
5. Sunrises and sunsets: Because they’re beautiful.
6. Fall leaves: Especially the crunchy ones, they’re the best!
7. Cupcakes: But you already knew this…what’s not to love?
8. My curves: I didn’t always love them, but now I can’t imagine living without them.
9. Bunnies: Because they’re so friggin’ cute! My pet bunny, Playful, was my best friend.
10. Koalas: Because they’re cute and fluffy! Plus, they sleep and eat all day…my kind of animal.
11. Sea turtles: There’s just something about sea turtles I love. They just seem so wise and cool!
12. My health: I’m really grateful for this, since I don’t exactly have the best family history!
13. My talent for writing and love for dancing: I can’t imagine doing anything else with my life. It’s the best way I know to express myself. And in the infamous words of Dane Cook, “screw guys. I just wanna dance!!”
14. Xpose Fitness: I haven’t always been so confident in and comfortable with my body, so I really have Xpose Fitness to thank for bringing out my “inner diva.” I’ve discovered a strength and sexiness I never knew I had!
15. Libraries: I could spend all day in a library. Same goes for a bookstore. I love being surrounded by books/knowledge. Yes, I’m a nerd.
16. Lamb Lamb: My bedtime companion since I was a wee little baby. I love Lamb Lamb so much!
17. My cars (Lima Bean and Madame Blueberry): VW Beetles are the cutest cars ever and I’m very grateful my Pop-Pop bought me my first one…even if I had to share with my little sister, who couldn’t even drive at the time.
18. Macaroni and cheese and warm apple pie with whipped cream: It tastes like a hug (if hugs had a taste).
19. Little kids: My sister and I have been volunteering in our church’s nursery for quite some time and I never get tired of playing with little kids. They’re so full of life and so innocent…for now!
20. My glasses: They’re a huge part of me and my personality.
21. My faith: By no means am I the most religious person, but I am grateful that God has blessed me and watches over me every day.
22. That I’m a Scorpio: Because it’s the best zodiac sign. Obvi.
23. My job: I essentially get paid to do what I love, which is pretty awesome when you think about it!
24. That I went to Loyola: Without which, I never would’ve met my girls. And ergo, I wouldn’t have met you. (or studied abroad in Spain and Italy and interned at a teen magazine and done a lot of other awesome things, too).
25. My life: All of it. The good times and the bad times because everything has led me to where I am now. And for that, I couldn’t be more grateful.
*In case you were wondering, my “surprise” was my birthday gift…a very lovely Michael Kors watch!