With the unofficial end of summer officially behind us, now it’s time for my favorite time of the year–fall. Below are my top 10 reasons why…
1. My birthday: This year I turn the big 2-5. And since my birthday is two days before reason #2, it’s always a good time!
2. Halloween: Undoubtedly my favorite holiday of the year. When else do I get to be whoever I want to be? This year, “there’s no place like home…”
3. Pumpkin-flavored everything: Cupcakes. Lattes. Waffles. You name it, I’ll eat it. Unless it’s pumpkin pie (can’t get down with that for some reason). Bath & Body Works even has a pumpkin-flavored lip gloss, yes!
4. Pies: Speaking of pie, fall is the best time of the year for apple pie and sweet potato pie. Yummm!
5. Picking pumpkins and apples: Growing up in Harford County, I’ve never been too far from a pick-your-own farm. My favorite is Lohr’s Orchard in Churchville, where I’ve been picking pumpkins and apples for more than 20 years.
6. Apple cider: Hot or cold, I love this seasonal beverage. Lohr’s Orchard for the win again. This family-owned and operated farm has the best apple cider. But I could be bias.
7. Sweaters, boots and jeans: Seriously, is there a more stylish or comfortable combination than this?…I didn’t think so.
8. Leaves: Red. Orange. Yellow. I love nature’s beautiful collage. And the crunchier the better!
9. Thanksgiving: My second favorite holiday of the year. When else do you get to hang with family, eat good food and watch…
10. Football: Ladies and gentlemen, football season is back! I can’t wait to show off my purple pride…LET’S GO RAVENS!!!